Thursday, September 10, 2020

Welcoming Autumn


 

Gimme Gacha Blog: Gimme Gacha Site
Flickr: Kaleidoscope Emily Flickr


So normally I don't go to small towns, and certainly not to tiny little farming communities. But one of my friends kept telling me about her little bitty hometown, and how I just absolutely HAD to visit there, so I finally caved, and went with her during her vacation so she could show me around. And oh, dear reader, am I ever glad I did. Turns out this place has a fairly decent tourist season in the fall, because of their pumpkin patch and corn maze. But those weren't what got me. This adorable little community greenhouse did. It's the {Why Not?} "Lismore Greenhouse" Gacha at The Imaginarium and it is just too quaint for words. I mean, just look at it! Even a little bench out front to relax. Come on, let's take a closer look.


This is the garden behind the greenhouse. Isn't it adorable??? Not gonna lie, I was tempted to get myself a fresh-from-the-ground carrot, but I figured they're there for the community, so I managed to restrain myself. It's just so neat and orderly. I don't know how they keep rabbits out, but it seems they must have some way, because this little garden is perfectly undisturbed. And the pumpkins you see are just the perfect size for pies. The pumpkin patch has the big, and I do mean BIG, ones for carving. But that's outside of town. I may go there, and cover it in a different post. Not sure yet. Now, let's go inside.


Look at how neat and organized this is! I can't even keep my suitcase this well done lol. I am so impressed by how well done this is. And I found out, they even bring the school kids here to teach them about gardening! Not just the teenagers either. All the way down. Even the preschoolers have field trips to the greenhouse, and they help out! As a matter of fact, shortly after I got these pictures, a group showed up and I had to scoot out of the way. But they were a delight to watch. Such well-behaved children. 

Anyway, I just had to show you all this little community greenhouse. I loved it. Now I think I'm going to go to the little diner here in town and get myself a nice big slice of pumpkin pie, and a mug of apple cider. The apples for it come from the apple tree right next to the greenhouse. Happy Autumn everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment